9.18.2006

News from interns

We're now into year four or so of what started as an experiment. As a small company, offering internships -- even an unpaid one -- is a risk. The talent coming out of j-schools is a mixed bag and, well, we've got enough to do just keeping up with our own work.

Every once in a while, though, it's well worth the effort. A recent intern, Alex Ragir, writes:

Hello Latin Traders,

I have some great news and my internship at Latin Trade certainly helped pave the way. I am a General Assignment Latin America reporter for Bloomberg. Ill be based in NYC but will travel to Brazil and Mexico quite often. It's more than I could have imagined.

In a coupla days check out my new short documentary and greenlight it so it goes on air. I just uploaded it so it may take a day or to for you guys to be able to see it. Just click on the video called "Returning Home." It was funded by my graduate school, which I finished by the way. The written story and photo slide show can be seen here.

I saw you can't read LT online now. Im going to have to dig in my pocket and get a subscription. It's essential right.

Hope all is well,
Alex

Good going Alex, we wish you well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home